Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
New features, enhancements, and other improvements
- You can now verify the identity of an end user by sending them a Duo Push request via their User page in the Duo Admin Panel.
- A help desk push displays text that indicates it is a help desk request, including a confirmation code. When the user approves the push, the Duo Administrator will see that in the Duo Admin Panel.
- See help desk push in action in this video.
Updates to Trusted Endpoints Manual Enrollment
- Trusted Endpoints Manual Enrollment has been expanded and simplified. Each supported software has its own tab on the Manual Enrollment configuration page.
- To enable a software the integration must be active and the specific software must be enabled. If you enable a specific software but the integration isn’t active, you will be prompted to activate it.
- It is no longer necessary to create a dummy integration for certificates to function properly on iOS devices. Simply follow the instructions on the iOS tab.
New and updated applications
- CentOS 5 support is deprecated and will be removed in the next release.
- Fixed a bug that caused a segfault on systems on which the hostname wasn’t retrievable.
- FORM challenge method now supports the request_id parameter.
- Added the ability to configure Duo Network Gateway without having to use the Admin UI. Read more at Scripted Configuration for Duo Network Gateway.
- Fixed Let’s Encrypt bug that would cause Duo Network Gateway to not renew certificates.
- Corrected an installation issue on Linux systems.
- The Duo Admin Panel dashboard no longer displays “up to date” endpoints, in order to improve clarity.
- The “out of date” and percent change values under “Endpoints” in the Duo Admin Panel dashboard now only apply to OSes.
- Numerous fixes for our Azure Active Directory integration:
- The Directory name field now properly shows the field label and help text in read-only mode.
- The Enrollment email, Import phones, and Normalize usernames fields now display their values in the correct format in read-only mode.
- Fixed a bug where group OIDs were displayed instead of group names when viewing the Azure AD Sync page in read-only mode.
- Fixed a bug with the Users page in the Duo Admin Panel whereby the table could get too wide if the data displayed was sufficiently wide. The data is now truncated if necessary.
- Fixed a bug on the Settings page in the Duo Admin Panel that prevented specifying a minimum password length greater than 12.