Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
New features, enhancements, and other improvements
Phone call authentication to Chinese numbers issue resolved
- Duo has resolved issues with blocked phone call authentications to Chinese (+86) numbers (described at the top of this post) by working with one of our telephony providers and the Chinese government.
- Our automated phone calls for authentication are no longer being blocked.
- The message that appeared in the Duo Prompt advising users with +86 numbers against using phone call authentication has now been removed.
Duo Admin Panel layout improvements
- The Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP sections of the Directory Sync page are now separate tabs, instead of all appearing on the same page.
- The tables on each of these tabs now utilize a “Load more” button to display more entries. This replaces the previous pagination functionality.
- The Hardware Tokens table under the 2FA Devices section now utilizes a “Load more” button to display more entries. This replaces the previous pagination functionality.
- These changes are similar to the changes to the Pending Enrollments and Applications tables from our previous releases.
- Improved performance of retrieving the default Directory name from Azure when creating a new Azure Active Directory sync in the Duo Admin Panel.
- Added a link to our Services Privacy Notice to the Sign Up for Duo and Duo Admin Panel login pages.
New and updated applications
- Improved WatchOS stability to address connection issues.
- Updated Duo Push notifications to always show even if you have the application open.
- Improved our localized app experience with updated translations and fixed cut off text.
- NetMotion is now a named application in the Duo Admin Panel. There is no change to our existing instructions for this application except to create a “NetMotion Mobility” integration instead of a “RADIUS” one.
- AWS Directory Service is now a named application in the Duo Admin Panel.
- Improved the handling of usernames containing certain special characters for Azure AD single-user sync.
- The response from the Admin API endpoint for retrieving a single phone no longer includes paging metadata.