Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here.
Features, enhancements, and other improvements
Single Sign-On support for Duo Admin login now in beta
- We are pleased to announce the public beta for single sign-on (SSO) support for the Duo Admin Panel. This feature allows customers to delegate primary credentials to an identity provider (IdP), such as AD FS, Azure AD, Ping Federate, OneLogin, or Okta, utilizing Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) as the communication protocol. Customers can also utilize a generic SAML IdP.
- This setting is configured by logging into the Duo Admin Panel and navigating to Administrators > Admin Login Settings. Only administrators with the Owner admin role can configure the SAML Identity Provider.
- Learn more about this new functionality in the Duo Knowledge Base.
- If you are interested in this beta, please contact email@example.com, and we can enable the feature for your account.
Android 8.1 to be recognized as latest version of Android OS in Duo
- On March 5, 2018, we will update our policy engine to recognize Android 8.1 as the most recent version of Android OS.
Trusted Endpoints domain name validation
- When setting up a new Trusted Endpoints configuration in the Duo Admin Panel, you can now perform domain name validation.
- For MobileIron Cloud, the domain name must end in mobileiron.com. For AirWatch, it must end in awmdm.com.
- Local domains, port numbers, paths, and private IPs are no longer allowed.
Authentication Log and Report time improvements
- The Authentication Log and other reports in the Duo Admin Panel now feature improved custom time range selection. The custom range field is now prefilled based on the relative range already selected (such as “Last 7 days”) and features a time selector in 30-minute increments.
New and updated applications
- Duo Mobile 3.19.2 for Android was released. It temporarily disables sending usage statistics data.
- Duo Mobile 3.20.4 for iOS was released. It temporarily disables sending usage statistics data.