Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
Features, enhancements, and other improvements
Improvements to Duo Admin Panel SSO with SAML configuration options
- Improved usability for configuring SAML-encrypted assertions.
- Clarified the difference between requiring encrypted or unencrypted assertions.
- Encryption certificates may now be generated before enabling encryption.
- More accurate display of encryption certificate expiration date.
- Encryption x509 certificates may now be rotated (regenerated).
- When a SAML response is missing a NameID, a descriptive error instead of a generic error will now be added to the Administrator Actions log.
New and updated applications
- Version 3.1.2 of Duo Authentication for Windows Logon and RDP was released. It features a new API connectivity check during installation to ensure a functioning installation. View updated written and video documentation.
- Version 3.21.1 of Duo Mobile for Android was released. It fixes an issue affecting a small number of users that could cause Duo-protected account passcodes to not work as expected. If you are experiencing this issue, you may need to reactivate your account. It also contains miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed a Duo Admin Panel UI layout issue affecting controls (such as Edit and Unassign) for application-specific policies on the application view screen. In addition, some of the control labels have been changed as follows:
- Changed “Edit Custom Policy” to “Edit”
- Changed “Replace Custom Policy” to “Replace”
- Changed “Remove Policy” to “Remove”
- Changed “Unassign Policy” to “Unassign”