Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
Features, enhancements, and other improvements
Device Insight page expanded and updated
- Duo’s Device Insight dashboard in the Duo Admin Panel now provides customers with visibility into operating systems broken down by platform. This dashboard now displays the number of devices that are up to date, out of date, and end of life in horizontal bars. Visibility into Trusted Endpoints is also available on this dashboard.
Duo Admin Panel minimum password length increase
- For new Duo account signups, the minimum password length is now 12 characters.
- This change will not affect existing customers. Saving the Settings page in the Duo Admin Panel will preserve your current password setting, even if it is lower than 12. New Duo Administrators created in an existing account with a lower minimum character setting only need to satisfy the lower minimum character setting that has already been configured.
- If an admin on the account changes the minimum password setting length, they may change it incrementally up to 12 characters (such as 6 to 7 or 8 to 10). Once it is increased to an “incremental” value, it cannot be decreased below that value.
Duo Admin Panel visual improvements
- Colors for primary and secondary buttons in the Duo Admin Panel have been updated and are still Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) AA compliant.
- We removed implicit margin spacing on headers in favor of line-height spacing. This allows for more flexible placement on an eight-point grid.
New and updated applications
- New third party service icons: 1Password, AWS, AngelList, Atlassian, GitLab, and LastPass.
- Improved account list details.
- New account service labels help clarify the service name for account types.
- Countdown timers now start at 30 seconds when you expand a row to get a passcode.
- Can now be installed on Splunk Cloud via Splunkbase.
- Alignment with Splunk plugin recommended architecture.
- Removed repoFactor=auto from the default indexes.conf file.
- When syncing a single user through AD Sync, group membership is now correctly synced for nested groups with names containing uppercase characters.
- The option to enter a bypass code on the Duo Prompt will now appear when no other 2FA methods are available, as intended.
- Previously, if a user had only a U2F token or security key and policy was changed to not allow that kind of device, the prompt would be completely blank.
- Now, the option to enter a bypass code is presented along with a message explaining why other methods are not appearing and that the user should contact their IT administrator.