Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
- Our improved Azure Active Directory sync (described in the post linked above) has been rolled out to all customers.
- If your Azure Active Directory sync does not run as planned, please try reauthorizing your sync using the process described in the documentation.
New features, enhancements, and other improvements
Duo Device Health Application policy can now require select security agents
- Duo Beyond customers may now require select security agents to be running on endpoints that undergo a Device Health check via a Device Health Application policy.
- This can be accomplished using the new “Block access if an endpoint security agent is not running” option in the Device Health Application Policy.
- The security agents that may be required are as follows:
- Cisco AMP for Endpoints
- CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Windows Defender
Admin Panel enhancements
Azure Directory Sync
- An “Import Notes” checkbox has been added to Azure Active Directory sync’s “Synced Attributes” section.
- If an Azure Active Directory’s scheduled syncs have been paused due to an Azure authorization error, they will resume automatically after a Duo administrator performs a successful reauthorization. Previously, a manual sync was also required to resume the scheduled syncs.
Active Directory Sync
- A sub-navigation bar has been added to the left side of Active Directory Sync pages to allow easier navigation to certain settings.
- The currently-viewed section of an Active Directory sync page is bolded and marked in the sub-navigation bar to aid in navigating the page.
- A “Status” section has been added to Active Directory sync pages that provides visibility into any connection issues.
- Manual syncs are now run “in the background” of an Active Directory sync page. Navigating away from the page no longer interrupts the manual sync.
- Any editable title (such as a Directory Sync name) can now be saved by pressing “Enter” instead of having to click the “Save” button.
- Any errors that occur on a field within the Admin Panel will now have a red error icon before the error message for visibility.
- Users Page and Groups Page
- Input fields on these pages now display as read-only input fields instead of static text for Duo administrators with read-only permissions (Help Desk, Read-only, Billing, Application Manager roles).
New and updated applications
Duo Mobile for iOS 3.33.0 released
- Support for upcoming improvements to the restore workflow for Duo-protected accounts.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall added as a Duo Access Gateway service provider
- Fixed a bug where the push button could appear twice in the Duo Administrator login workflow.
- The Admin API will now return a 400 error instead of a 500 error in certain situations when an account create or delete fails via the adminapi.