Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here: About the Release Notes category and how to subscribe to updates.
Features, enhancements, and other improvements
Duo Access and Duo Beyond customers now have access to a more powerful Authorized Networks policy section in the Duo Admin Panel. In addition to the previous behavior of allowing designated IP addresses and ranges to bypass two-factor authentication, customers can now also configure the policy to require two-factor authentication for designated addresses/ranges and to deny access for any non-matching addresses.
- Added a Duo Beyond setup guide to the Duo Admin Panel that helps customers get started.
- Added an SSO Setup Guide that helps users set up Duo Access Gateway (DAG) with SSO to the Duo Admin Panel. This is accessible from the Applications tab via a link next to the “Protect an Application” button. The link to the guide is accompanied by an informational banner.
New and updated applications
Duo Unix 1.10.1 was released. It addresses an issue that would keep configuration secrets in memory longer than necessary.
Workday was added as a DAG service provider.
Office 365 with the Duo Access Gateway now supports Basic Authentication for legacy clients that do not support Modern Authentication.
Duo Access Gateway 1.5.0 was released. It features support for Office 365 Basic Authentication.
Duo Network Gateway 1.2.3 was released. It features performance improvements.
Version 1.4.3 of the Duo plugin for JIRA and Confluence were released.
- Returned to using /preauth API call to support advanced user bypass use cases.
- API call now submits version information to Duo for improved troubleshooting.
- The install script now supports updating an existing plugin installation.