Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
New features, enhancements, and other improvements
Duo Prompt notification for users with Chinese phone numbers
- Due to recent telephony restrictions by the Chinese government, Duo is no longer able to deliver automated phone calls for authentication to users with +86 (Chinese) numbers. We have added a message to the Duo Prompt that will appear to users with a device with a +86 phone number.
- The message links to this Knowledge Base article.
- This issue only affects phone callback authentication. All other authentication methods, including phone-based options such as Duo Push and SMS passcodes, are not affected.
- We are making this change to prevent the negative experience of continuing to attempt the use of a Duo authentication method that we are aware will not work.
- This change to the Duo Prompt will be rolled out following our standard phased deployment process for stability and efficiency and will be rolled out to all accounts by the end of April 15, 2019.
- We will keep the Knowledge Base article updated with the latest as we learn more and attempt to resolve this issue.
Azure AD sync improvements
- Thanks to improvements in the sync process, the efficiency of our Azure AD sync feature has been improved.
- Customers with large numbers of synchronized users may see up to a 25% decrease in the duration of the sync process.
Pending Enrollments table update
- The Pending Enrollments table, located under the Users section of the Duo Admin Panel, is now paginated via a “Load more” button displayed at the bottom of the list of pending enrollments. This replaces the ability to choose a specific page; searching for a username is now encouraged.
- This change should improve Duo Admin Panel efficiency and reliability.
- All other functionality remains the same.
- This change to the Pending Enrollments table is the first in a series of similar, forthcoming changes to other tables in the Duo Admin Panel.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Duo Administrator activation via the Admin API when SMS and phone call authentication were disabled.