cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Push Prompting Twice accessing RD Gateway

JD_Duo
Level 1
Level 1

Users try to log into Work Resources in Windows RD Desktop. On clicking on an application, they get a Duo Push notification and select approve. Within 10-20 seconds they get a second notification and hit approve again. The app then launches successfully.

Users find this very annoying.

The RD Server is Windows Server 2012 R2.
The clients are: Windows 10 Pro, (different versions)
The DUO App is on iPhones and Samsung and Pixel 2 Android Phones.

Any suggestions welcome.

5 Replies 5

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi JD_Duo, please contact Duo Support for help resolving your issue.

bcrabbe
Level 1
Level 1

JD,

I am not sure what support has told you but if different that please let me know. From what I know after working with them as well the issues isn’t with DUO it is with the RD gateway. When you connect to the Gateway it asks for your credentials. While it waits for you to enter them it will disconnect you then reconnect again. Then you will get the first push to your phone. Then the server that you are trying to connect you too will ask for you Credentials. Again the RD gateway will disconnect you and wait for you to put them in. Once you put those Credentials in it will send the push again because the gateway re-authorized you the second time. We have found that is you use Microsofts RDP Manager it saves these credentials with encryption to alleviate this issue.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for that.

I thought it may be RD Gateway, but didn’t know “where to from here”.

I will download RD Manager and Test.

It won’t be for a day or two but I’ll let you know how I go.

Thanks again.

Regards,

John

John,

Here is the link to the download from Microsoft. Please let me know how it works for you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44989

Hi Robert,

I have used RD manager in the past.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t help us with our issue as we use Remote Desktop Works Resources (i.e. published apps) for our end users so RD Manager doesn’t support that (as far as I know).

Regards,

John

Quick Links