cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO protect for MAC OS with offline authentication?

Damon1
Level 1
Level 1

I have been implementing DUO protect for Windows in our environment and have a few MAC users, we are configuring to fail closed when not connected to the internet. However I don’t see an option to set an offline passcode for MAC users. Is this something that exists? Or do MAC users lack this feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to let you know that we released Duo for Mac Login v2.0.0 with offline authentication and official M1 support today.

Note that the corresponding offline access setting for macOS applications in the Admin Panel started deploying to our cloud service production deployments today and will reach all commercial customers by the end of next week.

See the updated instructions at https://duo.com/docs/macos.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

colin_medfisch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Damon!

Offline Login for MacOS is currently not supported but is on our roadmap. If you email support@duosecurity.com, they can add you to the feature request so that you will be notified when the feature is released.

berk0805
Level 1
Level 1

Just want to see how far out this is from becoming a reality. Not too many clients, but security is so important that it would be nice to have an offline mode.

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to let you know that we released Duo for Mac Login v2.0.0 with offline authentication and official M1 support today.

Note that the corresponding offline access setting for macOS applications in the Admin Panel started deploying to our cloud service production deployments today and will reach all commercial customers by the end of next week.

See the updated instructions at https://duo.com/docs/macos.

Duo, not DUO.

Gifty_Wankhade
Level 1
Level 1

Does Duo prompt for push when screen goes to screensaver or users lock the MACBook

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links