cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo prompt use case for 2 differents users

d3uo_user242
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have duo installed on a Windows 10 pro. I have 2 users on that PC, one is an admin account and the second account is a standard user.

For admin account, I want duo to always prompt
For standard user, I want duo only prompt when user RDP

Is it possible to add this configuration?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

DuoPablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @d3uo_user242 ,

At this time, it is only possible to configure A) RDP only or B) both RDP and local logins via Duo for Winlogon. Please see this FAQ.

Taken from KB5424:

There is not a feature in Duo Authentication for Windows Logon (RDP) that will automatically detect whether a Windows login is being performed by a local administrator, domain administrator, local user, or domain user. By default, when you install Duo on a Windows machine, any user logging in will be subject to 2FA (regardless of whether or not they are a Windows administrator).

It is possible to require 2FA for some users while bypassing other users by configuring policies in the Duo Admin Panel. Please see this article for more information: How can I configure an application to require 2FA for a group of users while bypassing all other users?

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links