cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Portal Notifications

lloyd6770
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I am curious if there’s somewhere in the Admin panel to set up notifications for various events. For instance, we have our AD Sync set up to sync nightly, but it stopped syncing a few nights ago, and we didn’t know until we were in there looking for something else and stumbled across it. It would be nice if we could set up notifications of some kind for events like that. Is there somewhere that can be done? If so, I can’t find it.

3 Replies 3

DuoPablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @lloyd6770 ,

Directory Sync failure notifications are enabled by default. Please see the following criteria that defines what actions will trigger an email and to which Duo Admin Roles: Synchronizing Users from Active Directory | Duo Security

Also see Directory Sync - Troubleshooting and FAQ | Duo Security

If you believe that you did not receive an email under the conditions mentioned, please contact Support to troubleshoot further.

Configurable email alerts include low telephony credits, lockout and fraud, etc. via the Settings section of the Duo Admin Panel.

Hope this helps!

Hello @DuoPablo. Thank you for that information. It seems that the first failed sync notification should have come out after 3 failed sync’s. We only had 2, so that’s why we didn’t get it.

I looked around, but couldn’t find it. Is there somewhere I can go to configure the notification so that it comes out on the first failed sync?

At this time there is not a configurable option to modify the Directory Sync email alert threshold.

Feel free to submit your idea as a Feature Request via your Duo Account Executive, Customer Success Manager (if applicable), or our Support Team.

If your AD Directory Sync failed due to a problem with your configured Auth Proxy (for [cloud]), you might consider multiple Auth Proxy servers for high availability: Knowledge Base | Duo Security

Quick Links