Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Mobile - CISCO VPN - the Republic of Congo

dangil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a collaborator who is trying to use Duo Mobile App in the Republic of Congo. Unfortunately, she is unable to register her device because her country code is not available in the drop down menu during the registration.

I was wondering if it is possible to ask DUO to add Republic of Congo (Not to be confused with the Democratic Republic of Congo) in the mobile app. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Dan

3 Replies 3

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dangil, thanks for bringing this up. I have shared this information with our development team and we should hopefully have a fix for this in the Duo Prompt some time in the future.

In the meantime, I confirmed that you can manually add a 2FA device with a Republic of Congo phone number via the Duo Admin Panel.

1. Navigate to the user page for the user you want to add the Republic of Congo device to.
  2. Scroll down to the “Phones” section and click Add Phone.
  3. In the “Phone number” drop-down, click the flag icon, and select Congo (Republic) (Congo-Brazzaville) +242.1X_6dddb715125e701647b74b55ddb2f3f026fb0c4e.png
  4. Enter the desired phone number, click Add Phone, and proceed with manually adding the user’s device as normal.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Dan, if you could please also contact Duo Support about this issue and reference this community post, we can attach your account to the development task so you are alerted when it is completed. Please put “Attention: Jessica” in your message, as I have worked specifically with one of our support engineers to highlight this. Unfortunately we cannot provide an estimated time for when this issue will be resolved at this time.

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Dangil, just wanted to let you know that we have fixed the issue you brought up in your original post in our most recent updates: Duo Release Notes for May 24, 2019

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links