Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo for Android Gingerbread

Ben_G1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My employer will likely soon be rolling out the Duo Mobile app for two-factor authentication, so I’ll soon be required to download the Duo Mobile app from the Google Play store. However, the phone I’d be installing it on is still running Android Gingerbread (2.3.4, I think). The Play store doesn’t currently offer a version compatible with my device. Is there a way I can get a version of the APK that would work?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben_G,

As you can see from our Android guide, the minimum Android version we support is v4.

You can still use telephony-based authentication on your Gingerbread phone (think phone call or SMS passcodes), as long as your employer allows it.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben_G,

As you can see from our Android guide, the minimum Android version we support is v4.

You can still use telephony-based authentication on your Gingerbread phone (think phone call or SMS passcodes), as long as your employer allows it.

Duo, not DUO.

Thanks very much for your reply. Since my last post a week or so, I had
another question: what kinds of permissions does the app need? Can it
remote wipe wipe your device, for example? What kind of data does it
collect from the device?

Installation of the app on my personal device is being more or less
mandated by my employer, so I’d like to know what I’m getting into.

Thanks!

You can see the permissions requested by an Android application in the Google Play store.

Here’s page for Duo Mobile.

Click the “View details” link under “Permissions” towards the bottom of the page.

We list what information Duo collects from your device in our Privacy Policy.

Duo, not DUO.

Thanks very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links