cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Device Management work flow

quynhnng
Level 1
Level 1

We have been evaluating Duo for our organization. So far it has been great!

However, I notice some tiny issue with the Duo Device Management Portal workflow and am not sure if it is is a bug or it is intended.

In the Device Management iframe, after login > click on ‘+ Add another device’ > in ‘What type of device are your adding?’, choose any from the device type and click Continue > Click Back on the next screen. Now the Back button is no longer shown for ‘What type of device are you adding’.

I find it is a little inconvenient for the user without the Back button in this case.

I am not sure if I miss anything?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi quynhnng,

Are you talking about this point in the process:

1X_b3e43cbea6921e24ad52421c5cfc662445830aa5.png

Within the Device Management Portal, the only options for a user are to add a new device or modify their existing devices, which are listed as separate links under the logo (blacked out in this example). What function would you like a “Back” button to fulfill at this step in the process?

Thanks!

Hi mkoroversisduo,

I am attaching some screenshots to clarify:

As you can see, there is a ‘Back’ button in the first one as you go from ‘My Settings & Devices’ to ‘Add another device’, but missing a ‘Back’ button when you go back from ‘Enter your phone number’ or whatever step after ‘What type of device are you adding’.

There are also no ‘My settings & Devices’ link in the side bar for my Device Management Portal like in your origin screenshot. (!!)

There is case such as a user just navigate around for discovering the portal, and also want to have a way to go back conveniently, and not really want to add a device. The ‘Back’ button should not be missing when going back, and should allow user to land on their ‘My Settings & Devices’ just similarly when they first go from ‘My Settings & Devices’ to ‘Add another device’.

Best Regards,

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for sharing this information, quynhnng. I mistakenly tested the Self-Service Portal instead of the Device Management Portal integration, as you had indicated. I will reach out to the engineering team and get back with you.

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi again quynhnng, could you please send an email to support[at]duosecurity[dot]com detailing this issue? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links