cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Authentication Proxy on Raspberry Pi

Mark_Bratanov
Level 1
Level 1

In trying to install the duo auth proxy on a new Raspberry Pi 4 B+ running ubuntu server 20.04 LTS, I’ve run into an issue while building.

FIPS_text_start() returns NULL
make[2]: *** [../Makefile.shared:164: link_app.] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/openssl-1.0.2u/apps'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:157: openssl] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/openssl-1.0.2u/apps'
make: *** [Makefile:293: build_apps] Error 1

I can trace this back to this github issue, which seems to indicate lack of support for aarch64: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/11105

Has anyone else had success or issues while trying to install the duo auth proxy on aarch64 / raspberry pi?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mark_Bratanov,

The 32 bit variant of Ubuntu Server for Raspberry Pi 4 will work, but the 64 bit will throw the error you’re seeing based on the OpenSSL lack of aarch64 support in the version of OpenSSL the Duo Auth Proxy utilizes (1.0.2). We don’t currently test on aarch64 and don’t plan to in future releases. You can file a feature request for official Raspberry Pi support though. Please reach out to your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager, or contact Duo Support, and they can help you with that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark_Bratanov
Level 1
Level 1

Just resurfacing this thread. Has anyone had luck with this on the raspberry pi?

Hi @Mark_Bratanov,

The 32 bit variant of Ubuntu Server for Raspberry Pi 4 will work, but the 64 bit will throw the error you’re seeing based on the OpenSSL lack of aarch64 support in the version of OpenSSL the Duo Auth Proxy utilizes (1.0.2). We don’t currently test on aarch64 and don’t plan to in future releases. You can file a feature request for official Raspberry Pi support though. Please reach out to your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager, or contact Duo Support, and they can help you with that.

Awesome! Thanks so much Amy! I will try the 32bit variant. Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links