Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo authentication for vCloud director

manivel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a doubt on “Two factor authentication(duo auth.) for vCloud director provider URL”

Right now,my provider URL also accessible from public internet “https://mycloud.com/cloud”(via system administrator) and like to secure the URL using DUO security.

Do we have any Duo guide to setup this with vCloud director ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Manivel R

3 Replies 3

Jan_Erik_Holo
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like Duo guide for VMware vCloud Director is still a missing document.

Hi @Jan_Erik_Holo and @manivel, thanks for sharing this question here! There is not currently an officially supported integration between Duo and VMWare Cloud Director, hence the lack of documentation. However, some of our customers have been able to get this to work using either our generic LDAP integration or SAML. It seems like this might also be possible using Duo SSO since VMWare Cloud Director supports SAML identity providers. Duo Support can walk you through the steps to set this up. Hope that helps!

dpeters2
Level 1
Level 1

All Duo support sent me was the setup of a generic SSO IdP, which I already have SSO setup with Azure AD. Trying to understand what is exactly needed to MFA vCloud. All vCloud needs is an xml file, but how do we create the application and create a policy on it? Very stuck here.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links