Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO Auth Proxy with HPE iLo

pedrotor
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Has anyone had any success getting DUO to authenticate for iLo on HP servers? On the HP server, I can setup SSO with a certificate or DNS. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it to work with DUO Auth or if it is even possible?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @pedrotor, I looked through our support cases to see if anyone else has had luck with this before, and it looks as though at least one customer has been successful using the Duo Authentication Proxy to set up authentication for HPE iLO logins. They used LDAP to accomplish this.

Generally you can use our generic setup guides to add Duo to applications that lack a named integration or specific deployment steps as long as the application supports SAML, RADIUS, or LDAP authentication protocols. Also, you can implement the Duo SDK to your web application. The setup guide for generic LDAP integrations can be found here.

Hope that helps!

pedrotor
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, Amy! Appreciate the quick response and the answer I was looking for!

Will give it a go.

Thanks!

snowowiejski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Were you able to get this working?

We are looking to accomplish DOU MFA on our HP server iLO’s and running into problems with it pushing the notification for DUO. Within the iLO settings, we have LDAP working via the proxy server, but we can’t figure out how to get it push the DUO notification for 2FA. I looked in the logs and I found the following line:

2023-03-28T12:49:12.001309-0400 [duoauthproxy.lib.log#info] [Request from x.x.x.x:x] Primary bind exempted from 2FA

Does this mean 2FA is being bypassed? My guess is I am missing something in the proxy config file. Any help would be appreciated.

take a look at this post:

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links