cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO and Cisco IOS

nflnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there we have several Cisco IOS switches that we want to enable 2FA using DUO. Which version of DUO is required for this and is there any step-by-step tutorials available for setting this up?
Thanks,

5 Replies 5

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like IOS switches may support RADIUS authentication: RADIUS Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Release 3SE (Catalyst 3850 Switches) - Configuring RADIUS [Support] - Cisco

If that’s true for your specific switch you may be able to add Duo authentication via RADIUS.

Follow these instructions for deploying a Duo Authentication Proxy with a generic RADIUS configuration, and also the RADIUS AAA instructions for your specific switch - basically when you get to the " Configure Your RADIUS Client(s)" section of that linked Duo doc, switch to your IOS documentation to follow the instructions for adding the Duo server as a RADIUS server on the switch.

Duo, not DUO.

nflnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

i’ve set it all up i get a successful RADIUS login on my switch but i dont get the prompt for the DUO 2FA. What did I miss?

I don’t know because I don’t know what steps you took to set it up.

Duo, not DUO.

I set this up for CLI login wos great if you have duo mobile on your with “push” you just get accept prompt on your phone you don’t a code prompt on the switch.

if you can’t run the mobile app, which I can’t because I have windows phone, you login with password,sms and the login fails but duo sends you valid code which you append to your password and it will be successful.

dan

jospehmack
Level 1
Level 1

We are providing tech services. In despite of I read your website’s content on daily basis.

Quick Links