cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Admin Panel Lockout

tmohal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i was unable to login admin panel because of forgotten password. After password reset, i stuck another problem in Push or Sms authentication. Which is “You’ve exceeded the number of allowed authentication attempts. Please contact your owner administrator.”. But i am the owner administrator and when i try to login again it says “You’ve exceeded the number of allowed authentication attempts. Please check your email for further instructions.” but now i cant get any email instruction from duo security? What do i need to do now?

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @tmohal, oh no! I’m sorry to hear that you got locked out of your Duo admin account. You will need to contact Duo Support and work with them to regain access. Our support team will request specific security information regarding your account to verify your identity. This is due to the sensitive nature of Duo Admin Panel access and the controls that access provides. We always recommend having more than one Owner for a given account whenever possible. Check out this article for more details: https://help.duo.com/s/article/1020

Quick Links