cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Admin Active Directory Sync

txhomer
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible add users as admins via active directory group sync? I searched through the documentation and wasn’t able to find anything mentioning this capability.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We still don’t support syncing in Duo admins from an external directory, but since the original post we have introduced [Admin SSO login](Managing Duo Administrators | Duo Security, where Duo administrators may log into the Duo Admin Panel using credentials from an external SAML IdP.

To submit a feature request or inquire about the status of previously requested features, please contact your Duo Account Executive, Customer Success Manager if applicable, or our Support Team.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steve_M
Level 1
Level 1

@txhomer I have asked my Duo project team and they have told me this is not possible. I think they are working on making the admin login capable of using some combination of ADFS/SAML/OAuth for login, but I don’t think that will include what you’re looking for. I agree this would be a good feature. I am going to communicate this to support as a feature request. Maybe if we get enough people doing that they will implement it.

Deckard99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

as this thread is 3 years old I’m going to ask if there has been any progress? The guys at meraki are using claims for role assignment via saml login. Any chance that will be integrated here at Duo?

regards

We still don’t support syncing in Duo admins from an external directory, but since the original post we have introduced [Admin SSO login](Managing Duo Administrators | Duo Security, where Duo administrators may log into the Duo Admin Panel using credentials from an external SAML IdP.

To submit a feature request or inquire about the status of previously requested features, please contact your Duo Account Executive, Customer Success Manager if applicable, or our Support Team.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links