Views
Helpful
Replies

Does DUO Security Support IPV6?

kconway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking for a possible Multi-Factor from our current vendor since they do not support true IPV6. Does anyone know if DUO Security currently supports IPV6 or plans to in the upcoming future as part of their roadmap?

Thanks,

Kevin C

3 Replies 3

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kevin,
Welcome to the Duo Community, and thanks for sharing your question here! At this time, Duo does not currently support IPV6. There is a feature request for this, which you can be added to by reaching out to Duo Support. However, there is no timeline for release that we can share at this time.

brianjusa
Level 1
Level 1

Feature request does not seem like the correct avenue for supporting the most current Internet Protocol. The fact that DUO doesn't support IPv6 hinders administrative, academic, and research functions at my institution. I would hope that this request would be elevated beyond a feature request to support current networks and allow for expansion of future IPv6 only networks.

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your observations, @brianjusa . Like most companies offering a service, we use feature requests to help determine roadmap priority. It sounds like IPv6 support is of interest to you, so I definitely encourage you to contact Duo Support to highlight your use case and blockers.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links