cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Duo not provide support anymore?

iloving
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve had a couple of issues come up lately that I have needed some assistance on, and so far I have either been told my email is invalid, or outright ignored. Follow up emails are ignored.

We are paying good money for this service, and I didn’t have this kind of issue before Cisco bought Duo.

Does Cisco simply not want our business? We’ve been using Duo for years so this dramatic change in attitude is not encouraging.

5 Replies 5

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @iloving,

I’m sorry to hear that. It sounds like you may have gotten the auto response that is sent in reply to messages from a non-administrator email address. For security reasons, we look for the email address of the person contacting support to match an admin on a Duo account. It looks like we have since worked with you to update your email address, and you are being helped by the support team. Did you receive our latest reply? Is there anything else we can help you with?

For others who might be reading, we have a help article on how to get support with Duo that has some useful info.

Yes, I ended up calling and getting help that way. But it’s frustrating that that was even necessary. And on top of it, my attempts to solve the problem myself ended up triggering an unexpected edge case in your backend that required that caused my duo push to be disabled, and it took 2 hours of various people’s time to figure out what had even happened to cause it.

I’m glad you were able to get the help you need and resolve the issue. Thank you for following up with us.

KevinSiddique
Level 1
Level 1

Please update your auto-response message to be more clear about using an administrator account. I have both regular and admin accounts for separation purposes and don’t normally use my admin account for sending email. So when I received this response to a support email I ended up waiting and waiting with no support.

Thank you for contacting Duo Security Support!

Our support team is currently working hard to prioritize and reply to all customer requests. We are experiencing higher volume than typical as our customers are working to solve challenges brought forth by the coronavirus.

We look forward to working with you shortly!

Hi @KevinSiddique

Thank you for sharing that with us. We’ll take a look and see what we can do about updating it. We appreciate your feedback!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links