Recently, our Duo Customer Success and Support experts were sharing their best practices about End-User Account Management with me to add to our course on Level Up. From this, I learned that there are so many different ways you can manage end-users. This made me curious to hear what strategies you as admins use today to provision/deprovision accounts, handle enrollment, activate Duo Mobile, and manage licenses.
Discussion: What’s one thing you wished you knew about user management when you first started out with Duo?
Share your experience in the comments below!
We’ve added three videos to End-User Account Management to introduce the Admin Panel features, go over common account management scenarios, and one video dedicated entirely to Duo Mobile activation and support. We know there’s a lot to remember about user management, so we hope our improvements help make the key best practices easier to visualize, as well as better emphasize the concepts you’ll see on the Level 1 Administrator certification exam. Beta participants can check out the new videos on Level Up and MSP Level Up now.
This course is for you if you’re interested in learning how to:
- Identify, define, and modify user account status
- Explain the difference between enrollment, Active status, and Duo Mobile activation
- Describe how to update synced account attributes using Directory Sync
- Compare methods to complete enrollment for partially enrolled users
- Apply strategies to effectively manage user licenses with Username Normalization and Username Aliases
- Support common account management scenarios, including:
- Updating user details
- Activating/reactivating Duo Mobile on a phone or tablet
- Adding additional 2FA devices
- Handling lost or stolen devices
- Deprovisioning/deleting user accounts
- Locate key Duo resources to educate help desk administrators