cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable 2FA for console logins on windows 7

rmalghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi: I installed DUO 2FA on windows 7. Chose the default options. I would like to disable the 2FA for console login. How do I do that? I can’t seem to find a DUO application in my Programs. But everytime I login from console it requests 2FA.

Thanks
Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ravi,

When installing Duo Authentication for Windows Logon there was an option to “Only prompt for Duo authentication when logging in via RDP”. This is not enabled by default.

You can change this setting after install with a registry update. Please refer to our article Can Duo protect Remote Desktop Connection logons only? in the Duo Help Center.

Thanks for using Duo!

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ravi,

When installing Duo Authentication for Windows Logon there was an option to “Only prompt for Duo authentication when logging in via RDP”. This is not enabled by default.

You can change this setting after install with a registry update. Please refer to our article Can Duo protect Remote Desktop Connection logons only? in the Duo Help Center.

Thanks for using Duo!

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links