Views
Helpful
Replies

Differences between DNG and DAG

laftoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I’m trying to protect a web application running in AWS that uses Microsoft SQL server logins. At present we are using Simple Active Directory to manage the AWS instances. The web application is not SAML compatible.

I’m trying to understand the differences between the Duo Network Gateway and the Duo Access Gateway for our situation. With the latter, DAG, does your application need to be SAML compatible? It seems that with the first one, Duo Network Gateway, you could have a two step login process and use it even for applications that don’t support SAML.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alexargeris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
in your case you will need for sure to use the DNG to add a layer of reverse proxy with DUO auth and the DAG if you do not have already a SAML. Also the DAG can be replace with a Duo Cloud SSO in Beta.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

alexargeris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
in your case you will need for sure to use the DNG to add a layer of reverse proxy with DUO auth and the DAG if you do not have already a SAML. Also the DAG can be replace with a Duo Cloud SSO in Beta.

laftoto
Level 1
Level 1

Perfect, I now understand. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links