Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for our most recent updates to Duo.

You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.

What’s in this release?

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

New and updated applications

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

Duo Central Device Management is Now in General Availability

• Check the Allow users to add and delete devices via the self-service portal when they log in through Duo Central to allow access to device management for enrolled users as they log in to Duo Central to access SSO applications and other bookmarked apps.

Duo Passwordless platform authenticators now support multi-device authentication

• Passwordless now supports the use of WebAuthn passkeys created with platform authenticators that synchronize private keys within their device ecosystem.
  • For example, when an end-user enrolls one compatible Apple device with Face ID or Touch ID as a Duo authenticator, they can immediately use their other Apple devices with Face ID or Touch ID as Duo authenticators.
  • Platform authenticators must be enabled as a Passwordless authentication method to support multi-device authentication.

Verified Duo Push and Risk-based factor selection policies now let administrators set verification code length

• Verified Duo Push verification code has a minimum and default length of 3 digits, and a maximum length of 6 digits.

2X_7_7f527d7713d56e140ed2bfe7f6dfe209e86722e9.png

• Risk-based factor selection verification code has a minimum length of 3 digits, and a maximum and default length of 6 digits.

2X_0_0510bbe090353bc44235ed533771220979bf5a4d.png

• When receiving a Verified Duo Push, Duo Mobile will present a number of fields that corresponds to the effective policy.

2X_4_4594176bc9202ff291e213d858325c6efa6d66bb.png

Updated certificate issuer name for Azure SCEP certificate profiles in Microsoft Intune Managed Endpoint Device Deployment

• Newly created SCEP certificate profiles will show a Subject Name Format value of CN=Duo Endpoint Validation Issuing CA 2.
  • Administrators may update the Subject Name Format value in existing SCEP certificate profiles to match the new certificate issuer common name, but it is not necessary.

New and updated applications

Duo Device Health application stable version 3.1.0 released

Duo Device Health application public beta version 3.0.1 released

Duo Mobile for Android version 4.26.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.

Duo Mobile for iOS version 4.26.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.
Comments
hawley.35
Level 1
Level 1

Where are the release notes for D252? Our Admin Panel shows version 252, but there appear to be no release notes.

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @hawley.35 ,

We publish these public notes every other Friday after a D-release completes deployment to commercial customers. So, you can expect the D252 notes post tomorrow.

owenhael
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to get release notes when the deployment starts (or earlier) instead of after it finishes?

timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @owenhael thank you for posting your question. I think your suggestion is worth exploring. At this time, it’s not possible given our process of developing in biweekly sprints. A fair amount of work goes into orchestrating several engineering and QA teams to organize, clarify, and verify the accuracy of Release Notes before we’re ready to publish here.

owenhael
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim, I’m not sure I understand. How do biweekly sprints preclude putting release notes out at the start of the release or beforehand? Duo is a mission-critical application and having release notes in advance so administrators know what to look for in case of issues is pretty standard.

timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Owen, I’m sorry to be unclear … I mean that our current process of orchestrating info from several teams is what locks me into the current timing of posting Release Notes a day after the release is completed. Historically, this practice was meant to avoid the back-and-forth of Release Notes updates and revisions when specific changes are rolled back when acceptance testing discovers problems in the final deployment.

All that said, I think you make a good suggestion, and I’m already discussing with others at Duo how we can make it happen. Just takes time and coordination of multiple teams.

owenhael
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Tim, all I can ask for is consideration. Thanks for responding to my questions here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links