Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.

You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.

What’s in this release?

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

New and updated applications

Bug fixes

See all bug fixes

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

New Duo Mobile SMS URL reactivation in Duo Universal Prompt

• End-users reactivating Duo Mobile for a new or factory reset device can now receive a unique reactivation URL by SMS instead of a 6-digit code. Administrators can enable this feature in the Duo Admin Panel by enabling the self-service portal and SMS as an authentication method.
  • End-users trying to authenticate with a new device will have an opportunity to self-enroll when the Duo Push authentication times out or from the Universal Prompt Open Duo Mobile page. The end-user clicks Need help? to open the self-service portal, or I got a new phone to go directly to device reactivation:

• Under How can we help? in the self-service portal, the end-user clicks Activate Duo Mobile:

• If the end-user clicks Text me a link, the Universal Prompt presents the Check your phone page.

• Duo sends an SMS with this text: Link to activate Duo Mobile: reactivation_url Didn’t request? Please tell your IT admin. When they load the reactivation_url, Duo Mobile is reactivated on their device, and the authentication is completed.
  • If the end-user clicks I got a new number, the Universal Prompt presents the New number? page. Clicking Continue opens Device Management where the end-user can enroll a new device:

Duo Admin Panel option for Universal Prompt email enrollment experience

• Under Admin Panel > Settings > User Communication > Enrollment email, the new Enrollment experience toggle lets administrators opt in to the Universal Prompt user experience when end-users load their email enrollment link.

2X_7_77320a9d05404f6921eac66426ce757fa877e59f.png

• For customers who signed up before June 2022, the default is set to show the traditional prompt. For customers who sign up after June 2022, the default is set to show the Universal Prompt.

Deleting end-user devices now revokes remembered devices application sessions

New user 2FA device enrollment in the Duo Central self-service portal

• Added an Admin Panel option to Allow unenrolled users to enroll 2FA devices into Duo when the New User Policy is set to “Allow Access without 2FA”.
  • If a user has the New User Policy Allow Access without 2FA applied to them and attempts to manage their devices, Duo will create a fully enrolled new user and send them to the Universal Prompt device management portal where they can enroll an authentication device.

Duo marked Windows 10 20H2 end-of-life in OS policy on June 14, 2022

End of support for Internet Explorer 8 and older Firefox versions in the web-based authentication experience

New and updated applications

Duo Device Health Application for macOS production version 2.27.0.0 released

• Fixed detection of Bitdefender.
  • Expanded port range to reduce communication issues with the app.
  • Added support script to aid in troubleshooting.
  • Minor improvements and enhancements.

Duo Device Health Application for Windows 10 and 11 production version 2.27.0 released

• Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash in certain environments.
  • Expanded port range to reduce communication issues with the app.
  • Added support script to aid in troubleshooting.
  • Minor improvements and enhancements.

Duo Device Health Application for Windows 10 and 11 beta version 2.27.1 released

• Fixed an issue with collecting device identifiers that could cause health checks to fail.

Duo Mobile for Android version 4.19.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements

Duo Mobile for iOS version 4.19.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements

Bug fixes

Duo Admin Panel

Comments
steven.floder
Level 1
Level 1

Your release not notification process is assinign. Why can’t we just sign up for email notifications without all that Community nonsense? My “Create a post” option is greyed out so I can’t sign up at all.

timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @BetterThanRSA for your reference and anyone else who wonders, you’ll find more info about email notifications here:

Gigawatt
Level 1
Level 1

From my experience in the past the release notes in the Duo Community which contain that update will not be published until the next day. The Duo Release Notes in community are an aggregate of all updates in a 2 week period. This may have change but I think that’s the way it use to be.

I could be totally wrong

steven.floder
Level 1
Level 1

I’m just looking to be made aware of updates when they come out to know if they are of high importance to install, like the Python vulnerabilities that were patches 2 updates ago and I just found out today when I manually went to look and see if anything is new when I had time. If that bell notification will tell me there are updates I need to look at, that’s all I need. Just seems like an unnecessary PITA to have to go through the Community instead of just signing up for a mail list like most other vendors. All set now though.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links