cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize DUO login text when using RADIUS

jscook
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to customize the text that is presented to a user when logging into our VMware Horizon environment. We are using RADIUS Server Challenge to allow some users to use passcodes. Mechanically, everything works as it should but the way the text is presented to users is terribly confusing. The initial login asks for the “DUO username and passcode” which translates to our “AD username and password”. After successfully logging in, the user is presented with the option to push to mobile or enter a passcode.

This all boils down to semantics but we are Higher Ed and the mandate is to keep things as consistent as possible across the board for all systems.

I’m routing through a DUO proxy on Linux, surely a config file exists that I am missing???

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That text you mention in the Horizon client does not come from Duo. It is from VMWare. “Enter your <insert the label you gave to the RADIUS authentication during setup> username and passcode” is hardcoded in their software.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links