An Icon for DYN DNS and PayPal would be wonderful.
The only icons missing for me are Cloudflare and HE.net
Cygilant uses Duo for 2FA and no go on an icon thus far. I mentioned it to their team to see if they could get it to set up one like Amazon does.
Hi Lee and Co.,
I’m the Group Product Manager for Authentication at Duo, and the mobile app lies within my purview.
Thank you for your feedback. Our mobile team has been hard at work delivering dark theme on Android and dark mode on iOS, in addition to core features to instantaneously restore Duo accounts on both iOS and Android as folks set up new devices.
As you might expect, we have a number of competing priorities both around supporting our existing customers and new customers with the core business use case of Duo, as well as providing a good experience for personal use.
Because we have such a lean mobile team, it can be a challenge to prioritize third-party accounts as less than 10% of users use non-Duo accounts with the mobile application. Our core function is to help secure organizations from stolen credentials, and third-party personal account support is secondary to that end.
With that being said, there are a lot of exciting design updates upcoming over the next year, and we will see if there are opportunities to invest in third-party accounts…
We will share updates with the community on this thread as they become available. You can also subscribe to our release notes to be notified instantly of new Duo releases and product features.
This is a great thread - I haven’t got any icons missing that others haven’t identified for things I use!
Only Icons I have missing is Cloudflare, SiteGround and Site 24/7
Seems to me you could add a feature that would allow the user to select an icon of their choice, in addition to the default standard selection. Just a thought.
- Cisco products like the Umbrella and AMP For Endpoints dashboards
Adding my $0.02 to the pile:
- Duo Security Community (This one is surprising …)
- Mozilla / Firefox
- H&R Block
Also adding my £0.02 for customisable icon, or at least a default one for Synology systems.
Here’s an idea: While you are creating the Custom Logo feature (so we can add logos, so you don’t have to), why not create create a stopgap:
- Add the ability to change the name of an account (that way, we can organize and differentiate without the need for custom logos at all (honestly…I can’t understand why this is not already there)); and/or
- Add some ‘generic’ logos…numbers, letters…cute pictures (e.g., I currently use the Evernote Elephant logo to differentiate one of my accounts, but hate seeing the Evernote name (no offense EverNote)…would be better to have generic logos to choose from, would be easier for you (than designing, getting owner clearance, etc.), and might even be fun for the Users and DevTeam alike)
That’s my 2 cents.
Until then…please add:
- Casepoint eDiscovery Platform
- Original Casepoint (aka Lyra)
Hi Gary, thanks for your feedback. You can currently edit the name of an account in Duo Mobile using the processes described in this Knowledge Base article.
Thanks. I had actually seen that but didn’t change it because the AccountName was showing as my login username and thought was important. I’ve now changed it and tested it.
I still use the logos from others…because they are pretty and help…unfortunately, the name of the entity that goes with the logo is not editable. I would still suggest that some stock logos be made available to allow Users to personalize their use…as per my suggestions below.
If you use third-party accounts such as Instagram or Facebook with Duo Mobile, we’d love to hear from you! We are looking for people who are willing to participate in brief interviews (approx. 30 minutes), so we can learn more and hopefully improve the experience going forward!
Would you be interested in setting up a time to speak with us about this? If so, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Can we get the NetSuite icon added? Is there a place we can do this on our own? Is there a portal where we can ask for new apps to be added to the list? I’m going to end up with a dozen “Other” in my Duo app, and I’ll never be able to figure out which is which.
Please let me know.
I would love to see custom icons for third party accounts. I started using Duo because that is what we use for our Enterprise 2FA, but the great Apple Watch support has made Duo my go-to solution for all third-party 2FA. I did finally edit the names as my list grew too long to manage, but icons would definitely improve my ability to scroll through them at a glance.
I am missing Cloudflare and Acquia (Drupal).
Hello, thank you for adding to the conversation here on the community!
To answer your questions, @tcinnamon:
Is there a place we can do this on our own?
It’s not possible to add custom icons to Duo Mobile today.
Is there a portal where we can ask for new apps to be added to the list?
You can ask for feature requests, though there is not a portal. Talk to your Duo Account Executive or Duo Customer Success Manager, and they can file an official request on your behalf.
@notmike - That’s great to hear! If you have not done so already, please make sure to back up your third-party accounts in Duo Mobile by setting a recovery password for them in the app. Check out the guide to Duo Restore here: https://guide.duo.com/duo-restore
Custom logos is a requirement for me in selecting a MFA app for my personal use and our small company (less than 10 people).
This is a feature I would be willing to pay for. Even if the icon is only stored locally on each device.
I assume the reason why this has not been implemented is because storing and syncing icons between devices is non-trivial.
Business case for adding this feature
- Offering a good TOTP app is marketing. If one member of the enterprise security team use your app for their personal needs then you have a much better chance of being considered in the vendor selection process at the company that person works for. I saw this happen first hand at a company with 20k employees. The only reason DUO were considered as a vendor were that someone used the app personally and liked it. If the cross platform support for the “device trust” feature had been better at the time you would have been invited to bid on the contract.
- People don’t use the app for 3rd party apps because there are no option for custom icons. For those of us that have 20+ unique sites switch to an other app because it is annoying to manage with the Duo app.
- This feature is not strictly for personal usage. Agile teams and especially software development teams at companies of all sizes have a fair bit of 3rd party accounts that aren’t integrated with the enterprise SSO solution. I assume that a big part of the reason a free account tier is offered is to get those teams on your platform and use that to get a leg up when competing for the business of the entire company.
- A use case for enterprise is that IT operations teams have multiple accounts due to macrosegmentation of the infrastructure. This requires juggeling many accounts which makes it quite beneficial to have custom icons like colors, country flags and the internal ID for a location. It can be argued whether or not this is the right approach to security, but it is the reality in quite a few places.