Views
Helpful
Replies

Conditions of Free version of Cisco DUO

Marina_Davids
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon!

I want to ask if the Free version of Cisco DUO is not limited to 30 days and we can use it for longer time. We understand that after trial of 30 days functionality will be limited in comparison to other versions, but we mostly need only 2FA.

Also I want to ask if there is any term or condition that it can’t be used in a corporate infrastructure. On a web page it says that Free version is “Designed for personal or home usage”, but we were hoping to use Free version among few colleagues during our daily work. Please let me know if it is acceptable and doesn’t violate End User License Agreement. I couldn’t find anything about it but decided to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Marina Davids.

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Marina! Welcome to the Duo Community, and thank you for your interest in Duo. The Duo Free edition is not limited to 30 days and will continue to work indefinitely. As you mentioned, the 30-day free trial gives you access to additional functionality with the features in Duo Access and Duo Beyond. When the trial period ends, all of your configurations will be saved, but you will no longer be able to access the functionality available in Access or Beyond. If you’re curious about the differences between each edition of Duo there is a handy chart on the page linked that breaks that down nicely.

It is perfectly acceptable to use Duo Free for business purposes. There is no limitation about that. Hope that helps!

Quick Links