Coming soon: A new login workflow for the Duo Admin Panel

Hi everyone!

We are pleased to announce that, beginning August 21, 2019, the Duo Admin Panel will feature a streamlined login process.

This workflow is intended to make the login process quicker and lead to fewer administrators clicking “Single Sign On” when it is not an available option for them.

Login experience for first visit after update

When you first navigate to the Duo Admin Panel login page, you will be prompted to enter your email. To enable the one-click login process, after entering your email, select the “Save my email address for next time” checkbox. Then click Continue.

The next screen you see depends on the Authentication with SAML (SSO) option you have selected on the Admin Login Settings page in the Duo Admin Panel.

Authentication with SAML Disabled

You will be asked for your password, and then can complete two-factor authentication.

Authentication with SAML Required

You will be taken to your IdP, and then can complete two-factor authentication.

Authentication with SAML Optional

You will be given a choice between Password login or SSO login. If you checked the “Save my email address for next time” box, your choice will be remembered.

The next time you attempt to log in to the Duo Admin Panel, the experience will similarly depend upon the Authentication with SAML Admin Login Setting you have configured.

Login experience for subsequent visits

Authentication with SAML Disabled

If you do not have a SAML SSO configuration set up for Admin Panel login and you checked the “Save my email address for next time” box, you simply need to enter your password, click “Log in,” and complete two-factor authentication. You will have this login experience as long as you keep the “Save my email address for next time” box checked.

NL%202

Authentication with SAML Required or Optional (and you checked “Save my email address for next time” and you first completed primary authentication through your identity provider)

If you do have SAML SSO set up for Admin Panel login, you will see a login page with your Duo Administrator email displayed and a “Continue to identity provider” button. Click the button to complete primary authentication via your identity provider.

After doing that, you will be brought back to the Duo Admin Panel login page to complete two-factor authentication.

You may click “Use password instead” to utilize the non-SAML SSO process for login, if it is allowed by your organization. If SAML SSO is optional and you used password authentication to complete primary authentication on your first login, you will be prompted to enter your password instead of being directed to your identity provider. A “Login with SSO” link is located beneath the password prompt if you would like to use that method instead. You may complete two-factor authentication after successfully entering your primary credentials.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like