Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Group Policies and Duo

Not applicable

Hello,

I’ve implemented Duo with my Cisco ASA using SAML but am I correct in assuming that I can’t assign different group policies using the ASA? Would I be better off using a RADIUS server with Duo?

Thanks for the help,

Derrick

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our RADIUS implementation is unable to send LDAP group information directly from an LDAP primary authentication source. You do have a few options here though:

1: ASA > [Duo RADIUS Proxy(Duo Authentication Proxy Reference | Duo Security) as primary] > NPS or other upstream RADIUS primary auth source that can send group info in a RADIUS attribute.

With this config you’d want to make sure to set the pass_through_all option for both the RADIUS server and client configurations in the Duo proxy’s authproxy.cfg file.

2: ASA > LDAP primary auth PLUS ASA > Duo RADIUS proxy only for secondary auth. The group info for assigning policies comes directly from your LDAP directory.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links