cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Biometric Android

Robin5
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled forcing biometric login via the Duo app. When a push is sent to my Huawei P20 Pro, I click on the green fingerprint button but then get the Android Password for screenunlocker screen. The I can or type in the screenunlocker password or put my finger on the fingerprintsensor which result in a login via Duo.

My question how can I avoid the screenunlocker password screen to appear instead of staying in the Duo app?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Robin, that is how the biometric authentication workflow on Android is designed to function. As you said in your post, you can scan your fingerprint at the Android PIN screen. There is currently no way to “hide” the PIN screen as it is part of the authentication workflow.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Robin, that is how the biometric authentication workflow on Android is designed to function. As you said in your post, you can scan your fingerprint at the Android PIN screen. There is currently no way to “hide” the PIN screen as it is part of the authentication workflow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links