cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication problem on paths with user_id

gbeber
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Admin API working, including authentication, but it fails when I have a user_id in the path.

I can successfully POST to /admin/v1/users to create an account, but when I try to POST to /admin/v1/users/{$user_id} I get an invalid signature error. Same when I try DELETE to ``/admin/v1/users/{$user_id}` — with no URL params. So the issue definitely appears to be the path in the signature when it includes a user id.

My authentication formula is the same for the calls that work — with no user id — and the ones with user id that don’t work. Any guidance on what the issue might be here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gbeber
Level 1
Level 1

Just FYI in case anyone finds this — I was lowercasing the path, so when it included the user id it changed the value of the user id to all lowercase.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gbeber
Level 1
Level 1

Just FYI in case anyone finds this — I was lowercasing the path, so when it included the user id it changed the value of the user id to all lowercase.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links