cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication Methods

MDEllis549
Level 1
Level 1

If your organization is allowing phone calls for authentication, what is the percentage of users who authenticate via phone compared to the Duo App/Passcode?

4 Replies 4

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @MDEllis549, thank you for sharing this question here! I’d be really curious to see what folks say. It doesn’t answer the exact question you asked here, but across all of our customers, around 30% of all authentications come from Duo Push. That is the most used authentication method.

ETA: I also found a study from the Ponemon Institute and Yubico that gives a breakdown of the types of two-factor authentication people use on page 19 of the report, which is somewhat related and interesting to see.

Thank you so much Amy!
Maybe you can guide me on how to maximize the Duo Community? Tips or tricks I could do to post this in a place for it to get more traction?

You are quite welcome!
Great question. One thing I notice you could do to improve your post is to use a more descriptive title. You could go with a question format along the lines of “Which authentication method do end-users most frequently use?” or something more simple like “Most popular authentication methods” etc.
Other than that, I think you were very clear and worded this well. All new posts float to the top of the forum for the greatest visibility. You could potentially share this on your social media channels (if you have them and are active) to get more views. I hope that helps!
Sometimes adding a fun gif or image can help too, but it’s not always relevant or practical to do so

ETA: You can also bump this post in another few days or a week if no one replies by commenting on it again to see if you can get a response.

Sounds great, Amy. I will keep this in mind for my next post within the community.
Appreciate the time and effort to help me!
Sincerely,
Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links