cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Third-Party authentication - Pull site/app name from QR code?

ShawnS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we’re still evaluating Duo Mobile - love the Push functionality for Duo-protected apps - but had a question on third-party support. Probably a feature request but is there any way to grab the site/app name from the QR code instead of the email address?

We’ve ended up with multiple entries named with the same email address and no way to tell them apart. It is easy enough to change the name field but clients and customers are certain to miss this step.

Thanks for the help.

2 Replies 2

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

This has been the only complaint about DUO I’ve had so far as I have so many “Third Party” Apps in my DUO MFA. I searched here extensively but could not find the answer. I actually just got off the phone with DUO and they gave me the link to fix it: It’s in the knowledgebase - Can I customize the name and logo of a protected account listed in my Duo Mobile app?

It does not change the name “Thrid Party” but allows you to call it the site you are using, so at least now you know which MFA it’s for.

I hope this helps as it sure helped me.

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @ShawnS,
Apologies that I missed this post until now! Aside from the wonderful advice @StealthNet already shared, I will say that the mobile team is working on a number of improvements to the Duo Mobile app for the future and this will be addressed in some way. If you aren’t already a member of the Duo Mobile beta and you’d like to be, fill out the form or DM me and I can get you signed up!

Quick Links