cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory - not getting group and users

NocturnaLearner
Level 1
Level 1

The proxy is able to query Active Directory but as soon as I try and get users from a specific group it errors out:

[error] The Auth Proxy did not get results searching for users in DN DC=company,DC=org using the filter (&(|(memberof=CN=Duo Users,OU=Users,DC=company,DC=org))(|(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person))(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(objectClass=organizationalPerson))). It is likely that Duo would not be able to find specific users during authentication. Please confirm that DC=company,DC=org is the correct, fully qualified DN and that users should pass the filter.

[error] The Auth Proxy was not able to find the DN CN=Duo Users,OU=Users,DC=company,DC=org. Please confirm that DN exists and is accessible.

[ad_client]
host=10.1.1.2
host_2=10.1.1.3
service_account_username=duo
service_account_password=XXXXXXXXXXXX
search_dn=DC=company,DC=org
security_group_dn=CN=Duo Users,OU=Users,DC=company,DC=org

Once I remove the security_group_dn everything validates properly so I know it is binding to AD just fine.

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply 1

NocturnaLearner
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind, I overlooked the fact that the Users folder is actually a container and not an OU hah!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links