Views
Helpful
Replies

40103 Invalid Signature

Kev2
Level 1
Level 1

RE: Microsoft RDP

I clicked reset signature in a Microsoft RDP application config and now when I try to remote in to the box I get a “Invalid signature in request credentials () [40103]”. Can anyone help?!

The box is in a datacenter and I do not have access.

Thanks,

Kev

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By “signature” do you mean the application secret key? Resetting the secret key in the Duo Admin Panel invalidated the secret key stored in the registry on your server when you did the initial Duo WinLogon install. You will need to update the secret key on the server to the current value.

Here are some possible ways to do this:

• Remote registry edit to update the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Duo Security\DuoCredProv\SKEY value to the current secret key from the Admin Panel.
  • If the Duo application was configured to fail open if it can’t contact our service, remote UNC edit of the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file to add a bogus entry for your Duo API hostname to cause it to fail open.

Some other suggestions in this thread: 40102: 'Invalid integration key in request credentials' ('')

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links