Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about high-availability status be-slave-result

nso-user-1
Level 1
Level 1

NSO 5.7
From our recent HA operation, we are seeing 2 different be-slave-result. Would like to know what's the different between them. Thanks!

high-availability status be-slave-result initialized

high-availability status be-slave-result connected

2 Replies 2

If my memory serves me, the first message shows the beginning stages of the standby node becoming a functional backup, while the second message confirms a successful connection and readiness to act as primary if needed.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Hi,
I got this issue too. The two status mean the same.
This is fixed in ncs-6.1, ncs-5.5.10, ncs-5.8.8, ncs-6.0.4, ncs-5.7.11, ncs-5.6.13 (case 694652316).

You can enter the be-slave-to command a second time in order to get the connected status instead of the initialized one.

I copy/paste the explanation from the Cisco case :

*'be-slave-result'* is used to hold the result of latest attempt to connect to as slave.

It is set to *'connected'* if the secondary successfully connects to the primary, which will trigger the replication process of CDB. When replication finishes, it changes to *'initialized'*. It happens pretty quickly, one after other, first sets it to 'connected' and then 'initialized'.

When "high-availability be-slave-to" is triggered again, and 'be-slave-result' is already in the 'initialized' state, the 'be-slave-result' changes to 'connected' and stays. This is because ha_server doesn't start replication again so it won't become 'initialized', since that message is set when replication finishes.

So, the *first* time "high-availability be-slave-to" is triggered the secondary becomes *active*(be-slave-result 'initialized') unless we see any error message set to 'be-slave-result'.