Views
Helpful
Replies

EVPN/VXLAN-Multi Site Layer 2 issue

kmarkov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,
I am running in to very strange problem - currently busy with preparation in our LAB for a migration of EVPN/VXLAN setup from single-site to multi-site. During the testing in our LAB I have discovered the following.
The LAB is already in multi-site setup, within the local site we use multicast replication and the multi-site interconnect uses ingress-replication.
The lab consists of 2 sites, Site A has a single BGW-Spine with 2 leafs in Fabric VPC setup, Site B has the same setup 1 BGW-Spine and 2 leafs in Fabric VPC. In every site I have a single homed client connected to one leaf, the clients sit in the same VLAN.
The problem is the following. When I try to ping Client B from Client A in the same VLAN the traffic does not work unless  arp-suppression is enabled. When I want to ping let's say from client A to a client in Site-B in a different VLAN (Layer3 traffic) the connection works without arp-suppression. Generally, I want to understand why arp-suppression seams mandatory in my case in order to achieve Layer 2 reachability between the sites. In the past we had serious problems with arp-suppression and our single site fabric.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

0 Replies 0